As we pause and reflect on everything we’re grateful for this year, it’s also the time to come together around the dinner table and have some great food!
This turkey and stuffing recipe is a Loehr family tradition. Today, we wanted to share it with you!
Dick’s Let’s Talk Turkey
• Turkey or large roasting chicken
• Dick’s Sensational Secret Seasoning Salt
• 1 Stick of butter
• Fruit of your choice (enough to stuff the bird)
• 2 – 8 oz cans chicken broth
• 1 – 8 oz glass of white wine
• 1 quart Orange Juice
Take the turkey and sprinkle the inside cavity generously with Dick’s Sensational Secret Seasoning Salt. Put one stick of butter into the cavity and then stuff with any kind of fresh fruit; apples, pears, oranges, pineapples or any fruit of your liking.
Put the turkey in an aluminum throw away pan. Add a quart of orange juice, wine, and chicken broth. Rub the outside of the turkey with oil and sprinkle generously with Dick’s Sensational Secret Seasoning Salt.
Cover turkey with aluminum foil and cook at 350˚ for 3 – 4 hours depending on the size of your turkey. Baste several times while cooking. Uncover the turkey for the last hour so it will brown.
Remove the turkey from the oven and let stand for 20 minutes before slicing. Make your gravy with the juice and drippings left in the pan. It will be the best turkey you will ever eat.
If you prefer to cook your turkey on the grill, cook the turkey at between 350˚ – 400˚ for between 1.5 and 4.5 hours depending on the turkey. Cook until internal temperature (away from the bone) is at least 170˚
Dick Loehr, Team National Founder
• Large bag of Pepperidge Farm seasoned stuffing mix
• 1 onion
• 3-4 stalks of celery chopped
• 1 large Granny Smith apple, cut in wedges with the peel on
• 1 can water chestnuts
• 1 can all white meat chicken
• 2 Tablespoons Dick’s Sensational Secret Seasoning Salt
• Chicken Stock or 1 can chicken broth
• ¼ Stick of butter
Mix all ingredients well & stuff turkey or chicken. Any remaining stuffing can be placed in a baking dish and baked at 375˚ for 45 Minutes