A major component of being a successful leader in direct sales is effectively managing different types of people, which can be a challenge in and of itself. But, if you stay the course and do the work, you’ll reap the rewards. As you begin to assemble and build your downline teams, you will undoubtedly hit speed bumps along the road to success. While this job is never easy and there will be highs and lows, it is important to continue to encourage and support your team members and help them through the peaks and valleys in the network marketing world. You will need to be a cheerleader for them as well as for yourself.
5 Tips to Help Your Team Achieve Success:
1. It is crucial that you keep in frequent contact with each and every member of your sales team on a regular basis. It is your job to keep them informed of current and upcoming local and national events that your direct selling company has scheduled and the importance of attending as many of these presentations as possible, so they can see the big picture and gain belief.
2. Emphasize to your team the huge role that training has on helping them to achieve success. In addition to company sponsored training, you should offer your own training programs to your members. These training sessions can be by phone, in-person, via online chat or by email. Share with them valuable business tips and utilize the direct selling company’s marketing materials that you have personally used and had success with. Many times you can go deeper and beyond what a company personally offers. The bottom line is to teach and train using a duplicatable, easy method.
3. Encourage and motivate your members to get out there and do overview presentations, meet and greets and continue building their own sales force. Inspiring words and strong leadership can help light a spark in a member who may be struggling with the business.
4. Lead by example! You cannot sit around and harp on your sales force to get out there if you are not out there doing the same. Your members look up to you and you need to set a shining example of business leadership. Where the leader goes, your downline will follow.
5. Recognize each and every member for a job well-done! While you may be tempted to only recognize the top sellers within your organization, it is important to recognize everyone. Those who constantly see favoritism or recognition thrown only at the top people will get discouraged and lose momentum.
There are many things a leader can do to help their members achieve success. These 5 tips as explained above are crucial for every leader in a home based, direct selling business. Implement them today and see your downline team achieve real business success!
Now is the perfect time to see what great opportunities there are for you in the direct selling industry. See what direct selling can do for you. Check out the Team National membership today! http://www.bign.com