When communication is effectively executed many things can be accomplished. There are a variety of ways to aid communication in being successful and deliver a point in the best way possible. Below are five specific things to remember when communicating at work or in your personal life, which will only make the interaction more successful!
Top Five Communication Practices:
1) Eye contact is extremely important! When you take the time to look someone in the eye while speaking to them, it allows your point to come across more effectively.
2) Body language is key. Never cross your arms, and nod to acknowledge another person’s point of view or important comment. Body language says a lot about a person and your body language during conversation will make all the difference.
3) Stay focused on the topic at hand. Try to keep your delivery and verbiage during conversation focused on your main point, and stay away from long drawn out stories which deviate from the main topic.
4) Be patient. Deliver your point when communicating, but also take the time to listen to others. When you bring patience into a conversation a lot more can be accomplished.
5) Practice makes perfect. Continue to practice these skills in each conversation you enter. The best way to be an effective communicator is to practice these tips as much as possible.
Take the time to apply these basic ideas to each conversation you have and you may notice a great deal more that can be accomplished. Communication is all about openness and honesty. When you enter a conversation, be open to listen to others. Share your point in an effective way and you will get results!